Campbell & Pound Chilliwack Real Estate

Campbell & Pound Appraisal Chilliwack Campbell & Pound proudly offers real estate services to the Township of Chilliwack, which includes residential appraisals, investment appraisals, commerical appraisals, industrial appraisals, and depreciation reports or contingecy reserve fund studies. You can be confident when using Campbell & Pound as our team of local Chilliwack appraisers have indepth knowledge of not only Anmore but also its neighbouring municipalities such as Mission, Langley, and Surrey.

Brief History - The Township of Chilliwack was incorporated in 1873, the third oldest municipality in British Columbia. Initially the settlement was concentrated along the Fraser River at Chilliwack Landing. Here the steamboats (the main mode of transportation between Chilliwack and New Westminster) arrived and transported goods and passengers. Since the small community had little room for expansion along the river, the main commercial area of the town moved up the road to the junction of the New Westminster-Yale Wagon Road, Wellington Avenue and Young Road. The centre came to be called Five Corners.

In 1881 a large subdivision called Centreville was developed. In 1887 the name Centreville was replaced by a more popular name, Chilliwack, and the area was incorporated in 1908 as a separate municipality, the City of Chilliwack. The City and the Township co-existed for 72 years, and finally in 1980 they merged to form the District of Chilliwack. In 1999 the District of Chilliwack changed to the City of Chilliwack.



Click here to visit the Township of Chilliwacks's website